Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Girl Haruna Ai


Over the last year in Japan the popularity of transsexuals has become popular among the Japanese mainstream audience. However, I am really unsure if this Japan opening to a minority within the Japanese population or if they are just using these transsexual just aiding the Japanese in becoming more of a culture that does not accept people for their diffences. However, at the current moment there are two women or "men" the first is a Aoyama University student by the name of Tsubaki and the second is my personal favorite by the name of Haruna Ai.

I have recently wrote a thesis in my pragmatics class regarding the use of language used among the homosexual community in Japan. Through my studies I have learned many new things about Japanese language yet, I have also learned how Japan treats minorities within its own borders. In a future post I will like to post my essay on Japanese homosexual language and how it affects the way the homosexual community is portrayed in the Japanese media and how it gives the gay community a bad image.

Above a the three books I read in order to conduct my study on this issue

0 comments: