Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year`s Eve meal

I already wrote about New Year Day and what I did but I have yet to tell what I made on New Year`s Eve. 




Most Japanese eat soba as I had mentioned in my previous blog. Thus, I made soba and also bought a nice bottle of sparkling white wine. 

Moreover, I wanted to make dessert for my friends. So, I decided to make a simple Mille-feuille with homemade whipped cream and custard. 


The custard was very easy to make 

All you need is

35 grams of sugar 
150 cc of milk 
One egg yellow 
15 grams of flour 
15 grams of cornstarch (optional)


You mix all the ingredients in a bowl excluding the cornstarch, then put the bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute and thirty seconds.

Take it out and mix 

Then put it back in the microwave again for another 30 seconds. 

If you don't like the constancy of the custard you can some cornstarch when you stick it in the microwave for the second time. 

If you do so please add about 15 grams of cornstarch. 


After making the custard I got some frozen pie sheets and baked them and then cut them into squares followed by whipping up some cream. 


I then layered them like a sandwich. When you layer them, please make sure that all the ingredients are cold otherwise they will fall apart during this process. 

pie sheet
custard
cream
strawberry
cinnamon 
pie sheet
custard 
cream
strawberry
cinnamon
pie sheet

Then, you have a very easy treat for your friends. 




0 comments: