Monday, January 27, 2014

Homemade Cooking (Quiche butter crust)

Over these last couple of weeks I have gotten into cooking various foods. I am trying my best to cook foods from scratch aka not using boxes or prepackaged materials. I have tried many recipes of the last couple of days and I want to share one with you now.


This recipe is for making a butter quiche crust.


This was my first time at attempting to make quiche crust, so I wanted to take my time and make sure that I followed directions carefully.

For my recipe I used the following for the crust.

1. 50 grams of butter (cold)
2. 100 grams of flour
3. Pinch of salt
4. One egg

You will also need
1. Pie pan
2. Fork
3. Tin Foil
4. Baking paper
5. Food Processor

First preheat the oven to 190 C

 Put the flour, salt and the butter in the food processor. Make sure the butter and the flour are combined. The cconsistancy should look like peas. After you combine these add the egg and pulse a couple of times.

Next all you need to do is mash the dough together with your hands and make a ball.

Next get one piece of plastic wrap and put the dough on top and then put another piece on top of the dough (it should be like a sandwich, wrap dough wrap.) After this you can roll out the dough into a round shape. Next take off the top layer of plastic wrap and place it in a baking sheet.

It is much easier to carry the dough this way. Then take off the second layer.

Now get a folk and poke holes into the bottom of the pie crust. After doing this get some baking paper and place it on top of the pie crust followed by a piece of tin foil.


Bake this in the over at 190C for about 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes remove the foil and baking paper and bake for another 5 minutes.

Now the pie crust is finished.


You can put anything you want in quiche I put the basics.

But the crust came out great and my friends enjoyed my breakfast quiche.


0 comments: