Sunday, January 5, 2014

Divas can cook recipe review

I have decided to start a new type of entry into my blog and I want to call this section my Recipe Review Section.

Over the last couple of days I have been on a cooking frenzy. I have not cooked much over the last year. However, over this last new year holiday I decided to buy a new oven. I ended up buying a Sharp Healsio.



To  my surprise it was a great investment.


The oven works great and it bakes really well.


Thus, this last Sunday while browsing the web I decided to take a challenge and bake a whole chicken for the first time here in Japan.

The recipe that caught my eye was from a food blogger (Divas can cook)

You can view her site here at

www.divascancook.com

I decided to challenge and cook her Lemon Rosemary Garlic Chicken.

And let me tell you this... This recipe is the bomb!!!!


The chicken ended up real moist and the Rosemary, Garlic, and butter taste fabulous.







I also cooked some veggies simmered in butter and herbs to go with the dish. I think this chicken is a great way to end the week or start the new week. The recipe was easy to follow and all of the measurements were on point.

My friend who had come over for dinner that night was surprised by how fast I was able to cook the chicken and how little prep it took. ( In Japan is uncommon to buy a whole chicken and bake it)

If I have a potluck or a party in the near future this will be one of the dishes I would consider taking.


Here are a few pics from my dinner last night.







0 comments: