Tuesday, April 29, 2008

To ask a mexican about Grand Theft Auto?




Hello, Everyone, I am doing good just getting ready for my journey to Japan. However, I had a drawback as you all might know I still don't know the status of my student visa. And considering I am leaving to Japan in a little over a week I gave my school Temple a call. After leaving a message with my admissions counselor, I received a email later that night tell me to hold off buying a plane ticket because the Japanese immigration department said that they have sent out a couple of CEO's to Temple and they should received around Wednesday their time because of the Golden Week Holiday and mail will not be able to be delivered on Tuesday. Let's see what kind of news I hear tonight, I hope it is good news.

Also I have been really busy buying things I need for Japan like clothes, and clothes. However, yesterday while I was at the bookstore my mom and I found this really interesting book called To Ask a Mexican, written buy Gustavo Arellano. The book features articles from an OC newspaper that Arellano has written over the years. Arellano receives questions about Mexican culture, sex life and everything in between via readers and he writes an answer. Allot of Hispanic, I believe will like this book, but as for me I found the book a bit boring. I am not saying it is funny, but if you have no interest in the Mexican culture like me I don't think you will enjoy this book.

Finally last night I ended up purchasing Grand Theft Auto IV for my sister for her birthday. I thought the line would be small considering I live in a small town. But boy was I wrong. When I went to Gamestop last night at around 11:45 to pick up the game I found out that there was a line around the building. I didn’t leave the store until one; my sister owes me big thanks on her birthday.

0 comments: