Thursday, July 18, 2013

Visa Visa Visa

I am currently getting read to head overseas. However, like most countries I tend to visit I need to apply for visas. A couple of weeks ago I had to apply for a Indian Visa. However, it was a total pain in the @$$.

First, the website stated that I could apply at the Embassy here in Tokyo and fill out the form I printed online. However, once I go to the embassy; I was informed that I could not apply there and I had to go to a special visa centre located elsewhere in Tokyo. Considering I had to go to work later that day; I had no choice but to take a taxi. Upon arriving at the visa centre, I was greeted by the staff and I handed in the papers

However, it seems that the paper document is no longer accepted. Thus, they had me go to a internet cafe located near the station. So, I got up and started to walk to the internet cafe but my luck continued to get worse. It started to rain heavily. ... Once I arrived at the internet cafe, I was soaked.


I filled in the application and headed back to the visa centre to turn in the application. After viewing my application the lady at the counter said I had to write a US address on my application because I was a American national. So, I would have to fill in the application again from scratch....

So again in the rain I headed to the internet cafe and continued the process.

After getting back to the visa centre at at 12:45, I was able to get my visa processed. The visa centre charged me a total of 13,000 for my Indian Visa. Moreover, they said I could only pick up my visa on a weekday between 4:30-5:00 ( my working hours)....


A week later, I had a friend get my visa for me and now everything is alright...



1 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a nightmare! I might be very angry at some point...