Saturday, April 10, 2010

KCP hanami
















Yesterday, I meet with my previous KCP Japanese language teachers to do a hanami party. The same members who attended last year were there. Angela, Tanabe, Nikaido, Naito, Mishima and myself. We met in Kunitachi which is one of the last stops on the Chuo line. Cheery Blossoms only bloom for two weeks a year and that is when Winter is becoming spring. However, due to the recently rain I was anticipating that there would be no more cherry blossoms but when I got to Kunitachi station is was quite the opposite. Kunitachi is a very interesting part of Tokyo, not only does it have wide streets and is surrounded by nature; a majority of the stores are high quality stores and you will not find a 100 yen store in sight. Also the district of Kunitachi banned Pachinko parlors from being built in order to maintain the natural beauty of the city. Along the main street in Kunitachi there are cherry blossom trees lined up.

Once we meet at the station we headed down the main street where we purchased drinks ( mostly beer). Once we found a place to have a picnic, we set out all of the items we brought and had a three hour picnic. Soon after ending the picnic we packed up all the trash and gave it to Tanabe because she lived close to Kunitachi and it would be easy for her to carry the trash home. However, after giving her all of the trash a majority of the members laughed at her because she looked like a bag lady. Soon after heading to the station the six of us had coffee at a bakery and went our separate ways. It was a nice day to meet with my previous teachers including Mishima sensei because she had come all the way from Kyoto in order to take part of our little get together.

Soon after arriving to Shinjuku I meet my friend Thephong for coffee and I mocked him because his shirt was too short and it looked like a women`s shirt. Then I headed to my previous apartment in Takashimadaira where I meet my friend Jennifer and we both watched The Princess Frog.

0 comments: