Sunday, December 8, 2013

Shinookubo (Tokyo`s Korea Town)

As many of you might already know, I currently moved to Shinjuku and my house is quite close to Shinookubo. Shinookubo is the Korean area in Tokyo. I have been going there over the last 7 years but only recently has Shinookubo been popular among Japanese. When I first went to Shinookubo, I almost never saw any Japanese people most of the customers were Koreans. However, currently due to the Korean boom the streets are always packed with Japanese folks. So much, that I try my best to avoid Oookubo Street both on weekdays and weekends.


However, I have recently been addicted to Korean food. I have been there to eat twice in the last week.




If you ever have the chance to come to Tokyo, please stop by Shinokubo and enjoy the great food the many restaurants have to offer.






Here some pics of me from 10 years ago when I attended Japanese school. In those days, Shinookubo was not as popular as it is today. 






0 comments: