Monday, September 9, 2013

Indian Train Journey

After spending a long two days in Delhi. My friend Radley and I were off to Rishikesh. Our tour agent picked us up at our hotel and we were on our way to Delhi Train Station. Once, we arrived our car driver told us to hire a porter for a couple of hundred rubies to carry our luggage for us.


The interesting thing about the porters is that they stay with you until your trains arrive and they guide you to your seats. I think this is why our driver requested for us to get one...After boarding the train we were offered a meal and drinks because we were in the first class seating. The price for the ticket was only about 10 USD.


I was offered a free newspaper with a lot of gossip. I love my gossip. 




After a three hour train ride we arrived at Hardiwartrain station. At the station we were picked up by a hired driver to take us to Rishikesh.




0 comments: