Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Flying with China Eastern

I am a frequent flyer to China and I have used many airlines over the last couple of years. But the thing that still bugs be about Chinese Airlines is that a majority of them do not offer private entertainment on their fleets. Of course, most of the flights are 3 hours or less. Another thing I did not like about  China eastern was the food. Airlines are never known for their food but China Eastern food was the worst airline food I have ever had. The food was bland and not tasty. This is probably the first time I spit out a meal in these last couple of years.

However, there are also good things about China Eastern. One of the things I liked about them were the prices of the plane tickets. I was able to get a round trip from Tokyo to India for less than 50,000 yen. Also, the check in staff to the flight attendants were always polite and did their jobs right.

Bad Points

Not good food
No entertainment

Good Points

Cheap ticket prices
Friendly staff
Good leg room


If you ever feel like flying to Shanghai, I would recommend China Eastern. If you book a flight far enough in advance you can get a ticket from Haneda to Hongqiao for as cheap as 30,000 yen.

Not bad at all...

0 comments: