Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm spoiled

America is known as the land of the free. Haven grown up there for most of my life I know what it is like to grow up in a privileged society. However, as a child growing up I was not from a rich family nor a middle class family I was from an slightly lower middle class family. During this time in my life all I remember are the good times of spending time with my family and my friends in my neighborhood. However, once I got to high school my father got a job as a government official and my mom became a high school teacher. During this time in my life all I could remember is the challenges that young people today have to face today. Children all over the world have to study hard in order to enter good universities and have to make sure they keep up with their studies.

Growing up an American has made me spoiled. I am not saying this is a bad thing but I feel that my generation and the generations after me have become so spoiled that we have lost part of our humanity. No longer do we care about our fellow men we have become so self centered that we do not care about the longer term outcomes of our actions. This could be said with the current gun shootings in America, I understand that we as Americans want our freedom and with that freedom we want to be able to have firearms. But, at what cost will freedom cost the lives of young and innocent people. I feel that there is a time in everyone"s life where they should leave their comfort zone and head to a place completely different from where they are accustom. For me it was coming to Japan, but it could be anywhere anytime. You could volunteer at your local homeless shelter or even work in a lower income neighborhood.

I believe that wealth is not the amount of money you have or how successful you are but how you treat other people and how people respect you. I do not believe in heaven nor hell but I do believe in karma and if you do good to your fellow brothers and sisters you will gain the best wealth of them all.... love and respect.

Such as this great women by the name of Irena Sendler. She was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 2007 for helping many Jewish Children escape the Nazis during the Holocaust. She saved hundreds and possibly thousands of children from the Nazis. Later, when she was caught the Nazi's broke both of her arms and legs as well as beat her severely. After the war, she tried her best to help the children she saved find their families as well as help  find foster families for the children whose parents have perished during the war.

In closing, I feel that everyone should try their best to look out for their follow brothers and sisters don't be a douche

0 comments: