Sunday, February 24, 2013

Planning my next trip....




 It hasn’t even been two months since my last vacation overseas, but I am already planning my next adventure. However, I am at a crossroad… I really like traveling to China, as everyone might already know. I have already been there four times over the last year. But I have decided to expand my horizons and try traveling to other countries in Asia. Thus, I have decided to take a trip to India.

So now starts the long process of planning a trip to a country, in which I have never been to nor have any friends living. First thing I need to find out is how to get there. After researching several travel sites I have decided on an air ticket to get… Did you guys know that by transferring in another country you could almost get a ticket for half the price? So, I have decided to take a flight with China Eastern with a transfer in Shanghai. After researching this ticket a little more I found out that it is possible to extend my layover up to a week without any additional costs from the airline… but I still have to pay the huge visa fee American citizens are required to pay. However, but getting this plane ticket I would be able to travel to two countries without any extra planning or plane tickets. But here is what my dilemma comes.

Should I spend more time in India or spend a week in both China and India?

Of course, I have been to China many times but I have a lot of friends who currently live in Shanghai. Not only will I be able to eat all of the great Chinese food but I will also be able to meet many of my good friends. However, this will cut down the amount of places and time I will have in India. However, if I do make the India trip a whole two weeks and I totally dislike the country I will be at a loss… 

Either way I am going to enjoy my nice Indian lunch and  consider my options.......

0 comments: