Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Confusion about my future

Hello everyone,

It has been only days since my last update but I am kinda of confused and need to get some things off of my chest. Today is June 22nd, my 25th birthday and I am trying to figure out what I should do with my life. Currently, I am working as an English teacher at a juku located near my house. It is a job that pays the bills, however, it is not what I want to do with my life. Currently, I am registered with two companies that are offering career seminars this coming weekend. Although it would be a good opportunity for me to attend these job fairs and aim for a career, I am starting to think this is not what I want for my life.

As you might know the Japanese hiring process is long and tiring and I know first hand how tough it can be. To tell the truth I don`t want to deal with all of these stress again. I feel that part of me wants to get the cooperate job. Yet, I feel that this is not the path in life I want to follow. Although I have lived in Japan for a total of five years and I know Japanese culture like the back of my hand, I don`t want to assimilate myself into a cooperate culture that is very different from my own.

Many people in my position would just attend the job seminar because it is an opportunity that should not be missed but I don`t feel that way.....

1 comments:

Tomo said...

heyy man!!! its Tomo!!!
happy bday!!! ahahah
just checked your blog!!